Receive

 

I asked the Lord what His word was to me, and He said: RECEIVE. Maybe this word is for you today, too.
You don't need strategies or sleep or even affection more than you need my Presence.
I AM HERE WITH YOU.

Think about where you are positioned in the room? Are you positioned to observe (maybe from a safe distance - or a distance that disconnects you and makes you feel safe)? Are you positioned to receive?
Hebrews 4:16 says: Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grade to help us in our time of need.

I don't know about you, but I'm often (usually??) in need! And I respond by allowing my cultural default to kick in: being independent, self-reliant and "doing it myself" (not well, maybe not even close). So where are you in relation to God's provision and God's presence? Where are positioned to receive?

Quite a few years ago, I had a picture of myself in the throne room of God. In the picture, I saw myself creep in the doorway and sit on the floor with my back against the wall at the very back of the room. I don't think I could even see the throne at all. I had this vision a few times, and it was always with the sense that I was wanting to be invisible or felt invisible. Eventually the vision has changed, and God has brought me up the front of the room. He has picked me up and cuddled me on His lap, or carried me to sit with Him on His throne. That is the sort of Father He is.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus... let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Hebrews 10:19-22

Just as an aside, the word "sprinkled" is used in reference to the Jewish law which required that the blood from the sacrifice be sprinkled to cleanse us from our sin. Truly, the blood was poured out too - but the sprinkling is an important aspect of being cleansed. We are cleansed from sin by the blood of Jesus sprinkled on and for us.

What am I positioned for? What am I expecting to receive? Don't assume! There are many things our loving and giving Father wants to give us that we aren't ready for yet. There are other things we are wanting to receive that He knows aren't best for us, or available to us, or even possible. Here are some things that came to my mind as I was journalling:
  • coverage for shame - I am never covered WITH shame, I am relieved FROM shame (Ps 34).
  • clean - I do not need to feel guilt or responsibility. I am 100% guilt-free!
  • mercy instead of judgement
  • grace for the time of need (when I make a mistake, He gives grace)
  • assurance and reassurance that I am HIS, I am free
  • confidence to be in His presence (not at the back of room or lost in the crowd)
God said to me: Receive my presence, my nearness, because you can come near to me. I AM near to you! I love sincere hearts and you are unfailingly sincere. Even if you aren't aware you are usually willing to learn, grow and try. You are sincere.

I assure you that you are welcome, loved and accepted. I give you confidence to walk in the throne room with your head held up high, eyes looking forward and no hint of shame! Shame is NOT FROM ME.

Be free and confident to allow love to grow because I AM GOOD.

Perhaps that word is for you today, too?

Comments