Staying tethered in the panic


Yesterday I had a picture for my daughter that I hope encourages you too. I saw her sitting in a boat without any oars, paddles or tools of any kind. She was floating with the rope trailing, and there was panic. She was freaking out! Then I heard Holy Spirit say "Zoom out". So I did, and I saw that she was floating in a swimming pool.

When I looked more, I saw that her swimming pool was connected to another much larger pool via a tightly closed gate. The Lord showed me that He would open the gate when she was ready, and she would be excited to move into the larger pool, but she would also still have boundaries and walls around her - another swimming pool, not the open ocean.

The last few months have been a roller coaster of emotion with my daughter, and when I shared this picture with her, I heard her click with it immediately. She has not been able (or willing) to express her feelings about all the things that are causing her stress, but this simple picture pretty much summed up how much God knows us and can settle our crazy emotions (or rather the emotions that make us crazy). I just love HIM.

A short post this time, but I hope it encourages your day. :-)

Comments