Looking for something



Those panic moments are horrible, especially when they last longer than just a moment. We all experience them, but they seem so much more magnified in my head. And I don't have my husband here to bounce things off of.

Even though I'm not ready, I still went into a panic when a widower I know started a serious relationship. He's been widowed just two weeks longer than I have. How come he's moved on so quickly and I'm still working through slowly? It's so easy for men! There are soooooo many single women around, especially in Christian circles. They can have their pick.

But then, I'm not ready. I'm not ready to be in a relationship with anyone. And, where would I meet anyone anyway? Who would ever want me?

Welcome to the world of my head.

God reminded me of something.

When you lose something, you go all out to find it. You can't rest until you've looked everywhere, even if you still don't find it. You get into quite a tizzy at times. Sometimes you've gone out and replaced something (like that t-shirt you accidentally pierced with scissors and then never wore the replacement) or bought a replacement that was never as good as the original. Don't do that with relationships. There is absolutely no point in getting involved with someone who isn't my highest and my very best for you.

This isn't the pearl of great price. You don't need to do all the work to hunt for the right person. You were never hunting when you met your husband. I brought you to him. I brought you together. And it didn't all fall into place without some work and effort on your part and his, but you knew when it did come together that I was in it.

Remember when you lost that earring and then found it later hanging on the root of an onion? Remember when your button fell off and you found it a few days later on the sidewalk? I can do things like that. I can bring things about that you could never have planned.

Your job is to seek my Presence and to dwell within me.

Comments