UPDATED Info and Worship Songs

Here are a couple of resources I found today... I will add to them as I find others.


Here is a nice reflection on Lent from Ann Voskamp.
Thank you to Ferree Bowman Hardy for addressing the issue of celibacy as well! It made me feel that it was okay to post what I did...

Thank you Matt Redman for the following songs that bless me every single time I listen to them.

Never Once

Standing on this mountain top looking just how far we've come
Knowing that for every step, you were with us
Kneeling on this battle ground, seeing just how much you've done
Knowing every victory is your power in us.

Scars and struggles on the way, but with joy our hearts can say
Yes our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did you leave us on our own
You are faithful, God you are faithful

Scars and struggles on the way, but with joy our hearts can say
Never once did we ever walk alone
Carried by your constant grace, held within your perfect peace
Never once did we walk alone, no we never walk alone

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did you leave us on our own
You are faithful, God you are faithful.
Every step we are breathing in your grace
Evermore we'll be breathing out your praise
You are faithful, God you are faithful


You Never Let Go (we sang this at my husband's funeral and it's become a bit of an anthem for me)

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, your perfect love is casting out fear
And even though I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life, I won't turn back for I know you are near
And I will fear no evil for my God is with me,
And if my God is with me whom then shall I fear? whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, you never let go through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, you never let go in every high and every low
Oh no, you never let, Lord you never let go of me.

I can see al ight that is coming for the heart that holds on, a glorious light beyond all compare
There will be an end to these troubles, but until that day comes, we'll live to know you here on the earth
And I will fear no evil, for my God is with me,
And if my God is with me whom then shall I fear? whom then shall I fear?

Oh no, you never let go through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, you never let go in every high and every low
Oh no, you never let go, Lord you never let go of me.

I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on, but until that days comes
Still I will praise you, Still I will praise you.


I am also grateful for Bill Johnson's teaching. Here is one sample about pain and disappointment (yes, it's not all happy clappy at Bethel Church!)

Here are some great free resources from Jack and Trisha Frost. Read Trisha's newsletter about the New Day Dawning (if you are free to take it in). The Orphan and Father Heart handouts are visual and easy to grasp but also very powerful.

Comments